everything you need to know
hello hello friends!! today I am going to quickly tell you everything you need to know about the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale!! it is coming up soooo soon! this is probably one of the BEST sales of the year, if not the BEST sale of the year! it’s is so much fun to shop, but it can also be super overwhelming and at times kinda frustrating because items sell out soooo quickly! I am hoping that by giving you this information it will help you prepare and decide how you want to shop the sale and what items to prioritize!
what is the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
I know that not everyone knows why there is so much hype around the sale so let me quickly explain what this sale is all about! the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale usually starts in middle of July, but due to Covid, the sale has been pushed back so it now starts in August! This sale offers new arrivals from major brands like Madewell, All Saints, Free People, Topshop and more! You get to shop new fall arrivals and ON SALE! its amazing to get new pieces at a discount! the sale also opens up for Nordstrom Card members first and dates vary by status. If you’d like to apply to a Nordstrom Credit card, head HERE ( but in no way am I saying you have to open a new credit card or even spend a bunch of money on the sale, hope you never feel pressure from me, just wanting to be a source for you). You can check your status, HERE, the higher your status, the earlier you start shopping!
when is the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
so as you can see in the images above those with the highest status can start shopping the sale August 4th, then it goes down from there, and opens to EVERYONE STARTING AUGUST 19th! the sale ends on August 30th and prices go up to full price!
ANOTHER IMPORTANT DATE TO NOTE – PREVIEW DAY! Preview Day is July 24th! THIS FRIDAY!! So this is new this year, usually preview days are only open to cardmembers, but this year EVERYONE has access to preview day so you can see what’s on sale beforehand – take notes, save items to your wishlist, so your shopping experience can be as smooth as possible! MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Tips
ok so a few tips to help you out
- If you have a nordstrom card – make sure you find out what your status is, then mark your calendar for your shopping date!
- set an alarm for Preview Day – July 24th – so you can view the items
- start saving items to your wishlist
- try to prioritize which items are important to you – think about what your closet needs, especially for you fall wardrobe, or do you need to revamp your basics, how about your shoe collection – need to update your boots or flats, or need a new pair of running shoes? take a look at your closet, take inventory, and note items you think you’ll need – this also helps so you can stick to buying things you need
- set a budget and stick to it ( so hard, I know!) but better in the long run
- download the Nordstrom app to make it easier
- Nordstrom has free shipping so that’s great and free returns, with how everything is going, no try-ons in store so no need to worry when returning items is easy!
- If you have a Nordstrom near you, you can also do contactless curbside pickup – my fave!
let me know if you have any questions about the sale or anything! I would love to be a resource for you! On preview day, I will be sharing my favorites and what i’ll be shopping during the sale! YAY!
I will say that this year, I am going to try to take it easy and stick to items that are more versatile, I usually do, but I will pay more attention. I know times are a strange right now and it can be tough, especially financially so I will try to not overshare. I think I do a pretty good job of just sharing items I actually love and I think would be great additions to mine, and possibly your wardrobe.
have a fabulous day!!