EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
what you need to know
hello hello friends!! today I am going to quickly tell you everything you need to know about the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale!! it is coming up soooo soon! this is probably one of the BEST sales of the year, if not the BEST sale of the year! it’s is so much fun to shop, but it can also be super overwhelming and at times kinda frustrating because items sell out soooo quickly! I am hoping that by giving you this information it will help you prepare and decide how you want to shop the sale and what items to prioritize!
what is the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
I know that not everyone knows why there is so much hype around the sale so let me quickly explain what this sale is all about! the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale offers new arrivals from major brands like Madewell, All Saints, Free People, Topshop, Zella, Nike, Barefoot Dreams and more! this year they are doing it a little differently, by having a PREVIEW DAY open to EVERYONE – which is on July 6th! In the past, there would be a catalog which would give some sneak peeks, but never get to see all the sale products. So this will be SO helpful in planning out which items you want to shop and how to prioritize your shopping!
You get to shop new fall arrivals and ON SALE!
its amazing to get new pieces at a discount! the sale also opens up for Nordstrom Card members first and dates vary by status. If you’d like to apply to a Nordstrom Credit card, head HERE ( but in no way am I saying you have to open a new credit card or even spend a bunch of money on the sale, hope you never feel pressure from me, just wanting to be a source for you). You can check your status, HERE, the higher your status, the earlier you start shopping! I will have all the important dates listed below!
there are all the important dates for the sale, and I also will again leave the link HERE to check your status so you know when you can start shopping! I will also share what items I shop for and what I prioritize. Make sure that on PREVIEW DAY, you take notes, save items you love to your wishlist so you can make this shopping experience as smooth as possible!
[ MY PRIORITY LIST ]
I tend to stick to classics and basics, and sometimes I splurge on one or two items that I have on my list that I feel like I will get a lot of wear in the fall and winter. Last year I purchased a bone colored All Saints Leather Moto jacket – I LOVE IT! This year, I am going to stick to basics – so I usually like to get pieces that are versatile. I also love getting a new pair of booties and sneakers – and this is one of the best times to get a new pair shoes and boots.
[ PREVIEW INITIAL PICKS ]
[ ADD ITEMS TO YOUR WISHLIST ]
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Tips
ok so a few tips to help you out
- If you have a nordstrom card – make sure you find out what your status is, then mark your calendar for your shopping date!
- set an alarm for Preview Day – July 6th – so you can view the items
- start saving items to your wishlist
- try to prioritize which items are important to you – think about what your closet needs, especially for you fall wardrobe, or do you need to revamp your basics, how about your shoe collection – need to update your boots or flats, or need a new pair of running shoes? take a look at your closet, take inventory, and note items you think you’ll need – this also helps so you can stick to buying things you need
- set a budget and stick to it ( so hard, I know!) but better in the long run
- download the Nordstrom app to make it easier
- Nordstrom has free shipping so that’s great and free returns, with how everything is going, no try-ons in store so no need to worry when returning items is easy!
- If you have a Nordstrom near you, you can also do contactless curbside pickup – my fave!
MORE PREVIEW FAVORITES
[ ADD TO YOUR WISHLIST ]
Last year, I loved styling once piece a few ways with other items from the sale. I am hoping to do the same this year!
I want to end this post by saying at the end of the day, THIS IS JUST A SALE! sales happen all the time, and while I personally LOVE the sale, I am in NO WAY SAYING YOU HAVE TO or MUST shop the sale. If your budget allows for some shopping and you feel you need some new pieces in your wardrobe, then I think this sale is great. I know how overwhelming and frustrating the sale can be, especially because products sell out so fast, but I am hoping to make the shopping experience a little bit better, and I just want to be a resource for you during the sale. SO STAY TUNED if you are planning to shop the sale! I will be sharing try-ons, here and on instagram and my favorite picks from the sale!